SGLegal respects your privacy
We may collect personal information about you and others including names, contact details, age, gender and other personal information.
We may use such information to:
- identify clients, potential clients and their representatives
- identify parties with whom our clients have dealings or who are in some way involved with our clients
- identify possible conflicts of interest
- inform parties of developments in the law and business which we think may be of interest to them
- provide services or benefits to our clients, and/or
- conduct our business and provide our services in a professional and efficient manner
Where possible, SGLegal will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. However, an individual's representatives may hold personal information that we may need to access for particular dealings, legal proceedings or other purposes. The personal information we collect will be recorded or updated on our computer database and/or kept on a physical file concerning the matter in which the individual is involved or for which the personal information was collected.
SGLegal may use personal information:
- to identify parties
- to protect parties from unauthorised access to their personal information, accounts or services
- to improve our services
- to inform parties of developments in the law and business
- to prevent or lessen a threat to a person's life or health
- where disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim
- for the purpose for which it was collected or for a related purpose (or a directly related purpose in the case of sensitive information)
- where the individual concerned would reasonably expect us to use the information
- where reasonably required, to provide legal services that we are instructed or obliged to provide, or
- for any other purpose, where an individual has consented to its use for that purpose
We ask that you tell us of any changes to the personal information we hold about you.